Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pressured Sausage


This post is coming a little late. This was actually my dinner Sunday night, I never got around to posting it, because Soph and I decided to have a slumber party in the living room; complete with lots of blankets, a movie, and popcorn. Sometimes there are more important things than playing on the computer!

This was a throw together recipe that turned out delicious. I started with a pound of mild sausage cut into 2-3 inch pieces with a few fork holes pierced in the skin. Then I added a can of diced tomatoes, a can of potatoes, half a sliced onion, a chopped green pepper, and a little bit of chicken broth. I would not have added the chicken broth, except my pressure cooker book advises to cover sausage completely with liquid to cook. Next time I will try it without the chicken broth, just to see if it really needs the added liquid. I feel the liquid in the tomato can could be enough. I cooked the sausage on high in my pressure cooker for 10 minutes. After performing a quick release, I added some frozen spinach and cooked on high again for 2 minutes, then performed another quick release. Super simple and super delicious! Next time I may add more peppers, onions, and tomatoes.

Garnished with some Parmesan cheese on Sunday, this made a great meal. I served it again tonight alongside some leftover stuffed shells for one of the most fabulous leftover meals I have ever had!

No comments:

Post a Comment