Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cheesy Baked Ziti



  • 1 lb ziti, cooked and drained
  • 15 oz ricotta cheese
  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • 31/2 cups sauce
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Mix ricotta, mozzarella cheese, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup sauce. Gently fold in ziti and stir until well coated. Spread 1/2 cup into the bottom of a baking dish. Pour ziti mixture evenly in dish. Top with remaining sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Sauce should be bubbling and top should be browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.



I wound up tripling this recipe. Today was my youngest nephew, Christopher Gregory's Christening. We had a luncheon party at my sisters house, so members of the immediate family each brought a dish. We also had ham, roast pork, and chicken de van (a recipe I need to convince my sisters mother in law to share!). This recipe is so simple to make. The only change I would make is adding some more sauce into the cheese mixture. I am a huge fan of sauce, so it is really just a matter of personal preference. I wanted to make homemade ricotta cheese for it, but I needed a large amount and just didn't have the time. Everyone seemed to enjoy this ziti, I would definitely recommend making it when hosting a party.



Christopher Gregory - Today's Main Man


No comments:

Post a Comment