Sunday, November 6, 2011

Green Beans with Tomatoes



YUM YUM YUM!!

  • 1 package frozen green beans
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp oregano
  • 1tsp basil
  • 1 Tbsp parsley
  • 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (optional)
Put green beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let boil for 3 minutes. Drain. Heat oil in a skillet, add beans, and toss. Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, and parsley. Cook 5 to 10 minutes. Top with cheese if desired.

This could probably be my most favorite dishes on this blog to date. It was so simple to do and tastes out of this world!! Usually I simply steam my veggies and eat them as is. Preparing them this way only took a few more minutes than steaming in the microwave.

I didn't measure out the oil, I just sprinkled some in a skillet. I also did not use the cheese. I don't think it needed any extra flavor and felt no cheese would be better for my figure. I did measure all the spices, but instead of measuring them as I was adding them to the skillet; I used my time wisely. While waiting for the beans to boil, I measured out all my spices and put them together in a mug. When it was time to add them, I only had to dump the mug into the skillet, instead of rushing to play with measuring spoons and worrying the beans will over cook.

Tomorrow I plan to make a braised mushroom sauce to serve with pasta. I am tempted to cut up these green beans to add to it. I don't know if I want to enjoy them alone as a leftover or use them in another recipe. We will see what my tummy decides it wants tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment