Thursday, December 15, 2011

Swedish Baked Potato


This is the first recipe I have tried that I found on Pinterest. It was so simple to do. The flavor is pretty much like a regular baked potato, but I feel like it took less time to cook. Also, I like that I didn't have to use tin foil to wrap the potato. Less waste is best in my book!

To prepare the potato, simply slice the potato all most all the way through. You want to leave a little bit on the bottom uncut so the slices don't come apart. The recipe I had suggested slicing a garlic clove and putting the slices in between the potato slices. I didn't try this, but next time I may. You can top the potato with butter or oil and some salt and pepper before baking. I sprayed mine with some oil. Bake at 220 for about 40 minutes. The potato skin will get nice and crispy while the flesh becomes soft. You can eat it just as it comes out of the oven or top it with anything you would top a normal baked potato. This was not much more work than a traditionally baked potato and it looks so much prettier!

No comments:

Post a Comment