Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs


Ribs are not something I make often. I have actually only ever cooked boneless ribs before in my pressure cooker. Once I obtain a grill, I would like to do more with ribs. There is also a skinny and saucy crock pot recipe I would like to try for ribs. Next time they are on sale!!

I didn't follow a recipe for this, just kinda went on a whim. First I broiled my ribs for 15 minutes to brown them. I do not own a broiler pan, so I lined one of my Pyrex dishes with aluminum foil and hoped for the best. No problems, thank goodness! I mixed some Worcestershire sauce with half a bottle of BBQ sauce and then brushed it on the ribs. Next, I plopped my meat into my crock pot and poured the remaining BBQ sauce mixture on top. I let them cook for 4 hours on high. They came out pretty good. Maybe not as tender as I would want, but definitely not tough at all.

Sophia loves ribs. I didn't let her eat them right off the bone because I didn't want her to make too much of a mess. I really think I need to work with BBQ and (especially honey BBQ) more often. She always loves anything BBQ that I have made. I will need to look into seeing if I can find a recipe for a healthier homemade option as opposed to what comes in a jar.

The only complaint I had with these ribs is some of the BBQ sauce burnt onto the side of my crock pot. It was so hard to get the black burn marks off the pot, but I was determined. My crock pot is white (DO NOT buy a white one!). I like to use it to entertain or to bring meals over to a family members house on occasion. Since I am not the only person that will see this essential tool, I want it to stay as nice and shiny as possible. I have not even been using this crock pot for a whole year and it is already showing stains. After soaking over night and scrubbing with a Brillo pad for a good 15 minutes, my burn marks finally came off. I started considering filling my pot with water and letting it simmer on low overnight in an attempt to soften up the burn marks. Maybe a smaller crock pot would have suited my ribs better. Maybe one day, when I have money, I will be able to afford crock pots of all different sizes. I think when that day comes, I will throw a crock pot party where everything I cook will come out of one of my variously sized crock pots!

A girl can dream, cant she??

No comments:

Post a Comment