Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Soup


I had originally set out to make some plain old vegetable soup, until I realized that each of the ingredients I used were festive colors. Unto us, Christmas soup was born!!

  • Half a head of cauliflower, chopped
  • 3 ribs celery, chopped
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 can diced tomato
  • 4 cups vegetable soup
  • 1 package french cut green beans
  • 1 bay leaf
Combine all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on low 5-6 hours.


Vegetable soup is one of the easiest things to make. Just toss whatever veggies you like in the crock pot with some broth and seasonings to have a nice healthy meal. Most of the vegetables I used were ones that I needed to get use before they spoiled. This as an appetizer for a big Sunday dinner I made for my mother, with the added benefit that it can be enjoyed as leftovers on Monday! 

I've been slacking a bit on this blog, basically since I have been all wrapped up in preparing for the holidays. For my Sunday dinner, I prepared a Mushroom roast with mashed potatoes, corn, and bacon wrapped green beans. Hopefully I will have some time today or tomorrow to share the roast and green bean recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment