Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Green Beans


So I am playing a little bit of catch up. This recipe was from a dinner I cooked for my mom and brother Sunday evening. I knew I wanted to serve corn and mashed potatoes, but wanted something with a little more nutrition value. Also, the roast I was making was a bit on the smaller side so I wanted more meat.

  • One package of frozen whole green beans
  • 3 Tbsp olive oil
  • Italian seasonings
  • Bacon slices
Pour oil into a large bowl and sprinkle seasonings into it. Put green beans in oil and toss. Grab a bundle of about 5 beans and wrap with the uncooked bacon. Place into a baking dish. Roast in the oven on 350 for approximately 30 minutes.

I used some turkey bacon I had left from a breakfast earlier this week. Whatever green beans I had leftover, after wrapping the beans with bacon, I poured into the dish over the wrapped bundles. I was very happy with how these turned out and Sophia was excited to have bacon at dinner. This child loves bacon way more than I ever did!

No comments:

Post a Comment