Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pumpkin Orzo



This post is going to be short and sweet. Mainly because I promised a friend I would post it before Thanksgiving so she could make it as a side and I am pretty much getting down to the wire. Can you believe Thanksgiving is a week away?? I have no idea what I will be cooking for the big day. Of course I will be making pumpkin pie, but I don't now what other sides I should offer up to the table. Any ideas?

  • 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • 1 lb orzo, cooked according to package directions
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
Heat a little bit of oil in a skillet and add the celery and peppers. Saute until soft, then add the soup and pumpkin. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down low to simmer. Add cinnamon and simmer for 20 minutes to let the flavors blend.
Fold into the orzo.

This dish is best served immediately. The orzo will absorb the sauce if it becomes leftovers. Still delicious, but it looses the desired texture and taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment